FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:08:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My thread of greetings  (Read 1977 times)
Gallowglass

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:58 AM »

Hey, everyone.

Been getting into writing since my current job ain't working out. I have dreams of one day being a professional writer, but for the now I must content myself with posting anonymously on the internet whilst working on my day job.

I'm not much of a furry but I figure this place will do for some of my more risque works: shameless plug

Also: A five minute perusal shows these forums to be, um... what's the word...

I suppose dead might be a bit strong. Slow?

How big of a smackdown would I get if I put my two cents in on a page that hasn't seen a post in a month?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:39:07 AM by Gallowglass » Logged

The universe is in flux, but life is only opinion.
-The Stoics.
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »

A month is no big deal. We never remove old threads, but posting to one from two or three years ago is probably not very productive.

We do prefer that materials posted have a furry connection.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
poisonpen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 02:14:19 AM »

Welcome to Furrag Gallowglass.  What should we call you for short?

As far as these forums go I would say they are flat lining.  I tried to apply CPR to them last week by jumping in on a year old topic that had no responses on it and I managed to generate enough passion to get it all the way to a hot topic rating.  But that all ended when everyone got the Emperor's memo;- }  I'm expecting the priest to come to administer “Last Rites” to the forum any day now.

For the most part there is not a lot of activity or feedback on here especially if you post “risque works”, they tend to be looked down on, which was exactly what my post was about that generated so much controversy.

But despite all that I truly hope you enjoy your stay here.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 03:38:56 AM by poisonpen » Logged
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 11:03:14 AM »

Hey GallowGlass, welcome to the Rag. Yep, it can be pretty quiet here, especially on the forums. It's good to see some more writers coming here though. I liked what you posted thusfar, especially the first chapter of what you linked there.

I see you've met poisonpen. Don't mind him, he's just mad because he didn't get a review that kissed his butt.
poisonpen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:05:38 PM »

Oh really Jacky?  Mad because I didn't get a review that kissed my butt?  Let me go grab some quotes from you.  “Now, I'll grant you, that particular review that you got was bad. To say it comes across as insensitive is an understatement.”  And “Sorry you got a bad review (in all senses of the word), but some people actually like the reviews they get here. I guess you just got unlucky.”  Those are your own words that I lifted directly from these forums.

There is a big difference between getting a review that didn't kiss my butt and one that was rude, tactless and written by an arrogant no talent fool that doesn't deserve to be reviewing anybody.  A review that starts out with “Your piece is technically competent, but not much else.”  and goes down hill from there.  Mind you, on SoFurry this particular entry has 8,767 views, was a favorite of 85 readers and had 47 comments so my guess is the story did have at least a few virtues, yet this tool couldn't find ANYTHING positive to say about it.  And that's not just by omission, he comes right out and states that other than my grammar, punctuation and spelling being spot on there was nothing good about the story.  Such a nice thing to say about the first ever story of a beginner writer.  That's the way to encourage new writers to write, NOT!  But that's the kind of classy people you'll find here.

Also this vindictive piece of work happened to hijack my e-mail account and it took me a week to get it back.  But he was a Red Pen Wielder so that makes him a Saint and me a liar.  

I get plenty of comments on SoFurry that question why I wrote something the way I did and some of them have valid points that I learn from, so I don't always expect to have my butt kissed in reviews/comments.  In fact I have written POLITE chapter length responses to these thoughtful yet critical comments.  Their comments were constructive criticism meant to help me improve my writing and I appreciate them.  But there was no reason for that review except for a no talent loser to try to make himself look important by trying to talk a newbie down on the very first story he EVER wrote.  That's totally classless, but that seems pretty common here.

I'm sure you got the directive from the Supreme Emperor and Grand Poobah of all things literary so I'm not expecting a response...  LOL  Have a nice day...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:46:21 AM by poisonpen » Logged
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

Hey, Gallowglass

And sorry that you have to witness the site’s very first instance of a conflict getting so out of hand that it threatens to hijack what’s supposed to be an introduction post.

poisonpen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »

I agree you shouldn't have had to see Jacky attack me on your introductory post.  That was very classless of him.  He left me no recourse except to defend myself.  You asked a question about the forums being dead and I gave you an honest spot on answer.  You had already figured that for yourself and I was just confirming what you had already observed, with a little humor thrown in.  Just in case you haven't noticed humor is also frowned upon here.  Why he felt the need to do that is beyond my ability to answer.  Us lowly newbies don't quite understand ways of the dreaded Red Pen Wielders...

I probably did you a favor posting though because now they will give your stories a look just to prove me wrong.  LOL

That aside I'll try to find time to give your story a peek.  Again like I said before I hope you enjoy your stay here on FurRag.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: