FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:10:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Fooz's Fiction Fracas  (Read 9355 times)
foozzzball

Lazy. And fuzzy. Mainly Lazy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »

H... Halfway?...

Yes, yes I'm half way (to a nervous breakdown)! :D

I'm doing (not so) well. :3 Thanks for asking.

My wordcount is doing great (damage to my psyche)! :)

---

"Da boss. He's in egypt right now. Da nile?" The secretary sniggers, accent over-done for just such a moment.

---

:|

Yeah. Between some studies and family stuff, I have fallen almost painfully behind. (Ow!)

I'll get back to it soon! Yeah!

Just gotta clean my desk.

And eat breakfast.

And, gosh darnit... y'know, I guess I aughta straighten that picture on the wall...

---

The secretary simply glanced back across the office at the boss's door, chewing on the end of her data stylus. "Jaysis. What next? He's probably going to go completely off the hook. Maybe start an artistic fad for portraying emotion by some cheesy, malformed concept like-"

---

:D

:D

I FIGURED THIS OUT.

CHECK IT OUT GUYS.

- Snippet

"Ya, forever a boy," Rukki laughed. Rukki was Akonti's second son, sixteen. And he was unkind. As he always did, he came forward and shoved at Silkozi's head, trying to push him down.

Rukki's hands were hard, squeezed Silkozi's ears against his skull and made them hurt. But Silkozi only snarled, digging his heels intot he sand to keep from being thrown over. He had to stumble back, though, when Rukki grinned and twisted and pushed hard, halfway shoving Silkozi's head down to the ground.

Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks. Grr. This sucks.

---

It is a new artistic method I call 'truth through repetition'. It will provide a wonderful insight into the character's mindset.

OMG ORIGINAL

I think I'll be done later today!

---

The secretary let her jaw hang slack for just a moment, non-plussed. "Awright. Looks like it's time for electroconvulsive therapy." She glanced off in the vague direction of the fourth wall, a sadly broken thing lately. "Any of y'all got a bucket of water and a plugged in toaster?"

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:26:09 AM by foozzzball » Logged
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2007, 12:15:20 PM »

Oh please... if you're half as lazy as you claim to be, then you'll know this is nothing.  Remember High School English, and the essays we were all assigned?  10 pages, no big deal, ya?  Well I seem to recall that for just about every single essay, I would scorn the two-week assignment period and wait until the very last day.  Then, in the few hours after school, I would work furiously without thinking about the words until somehow I was looking at 10 pages of essay.
    And that was INCLUDING my half-assed attempts at research.  Somehow I always scored ok, go figure... uh, what was my point again?

Varn does some rapid calculations in his head,  "Hrm.  10 pages every half-day, 500 words per page at the very least, and maybe 10,000 down on paper already.  Looks you can finish in four days.  You know, if you go into half-insane writing fervor."  He leans forward, making him seem even shorter, as his tone changes to something more coaxing.  "C'mon, I'll spring for pizza afterward!"

My avatars?  Think of them as multiple personality disorder in a good way.
foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2007, 10:21:35 PM »

Tell me to stop scribbling bits of a story involving Philadelphia Salcedo. :|

Also, while we are asking people for help on the internet, if anyone has a time machine and can go back to October and say, 'Hey, Fooz. You have math assignments to finish before embarking on nanowrimo...' that'd be a huge help, too.

At least I don't have two essays a day for a month- Oh, wait, what's that you say Everace, Varn?...

wha... What? D:>

Oh boy. Nose to the grindstone time...
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »

Ph, Philadelphia Salcedo?!  Philadelphia Salcedo!?  Unless he's got 50,000 words worth of storyline up his sleeve, just forget him for now!  Tsk, but you already knew that.  C'mon, fooz, I'm really more interested in seeing what happens to Silkozi.  In your previous version you left us dangling at the brink of a war that promises nothing but hardship for all involved, and besides which we still have no clue how the two main characters will come to meet!  It's really tough trying to ignore the fact that I've got nothing more beyond the point where everything is just starting to heat up.

foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2007, 09:30:26 AM »

Well, fifty-thousand, uhm...

Okay. That's the first part handled.

Let me, uh. Let me do this math. Sad And, uh. Sad

Then I can write.

Stupid deadlines. Sad

(Here's a hint and spoiler. Silkozi does _not_ end up a mason the rest of his days.)
foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2007, 06:20:44 PM »

Well. News is as follows.

Item 1 - Done my math!

Item 2 - Added about four hundred words to my word count, which is not stellar, but I willh opefully have more as the days progress.

Item 3 - My birthday's on Sunday. Happy Birthday To Myself. http://furry.wikia.com/wiki/Stories_from_San_Iadras
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2007, 11:02:47 PM »

You got an early present, and a good one!  Of course I'm dreadfully dissapointed that Silkozi won't be pursuing the exciting field of masonry, but I think I may be able to get over it once I see what you've got in store for us.

foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »

I finally broke 10 000 words! And when I did, the forum was down, and I could not crow about it.

But I did it, about... three weeks late. But I still did it!

And now it's my birthday proper. Huzzah!

I'm really liking how the story is coming out this time. Even if I don't hit 50k, I'm learning stuff about the story and characters and styling that I am finding very valuable.
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2007, 03:01:47 PM »

Happy Birthday, fooz.  Smiley

foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 06:15:36 PM »

Thank you!
foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2007, 08:32:42 PM »

Not much of note today. I did have a 'Oh my God I have to revise my plot' moment which stretched out into a couple of hours. ... Bit late in the month for it...

Also, this short piece, which may or may not get used

---

The knife was liquid in her hands. The colour of it, almost golden. A moment here, the soft rasp of fur against the metal, a softer whisper of pain. The blade, now red.

The curtains, white muslin, wafted out in the slight night breeze. She stepped across the slick marble tiles, her heels chased by spreading blood. The curtains billowed in, and the knife in her hands left slender winding trails across it.

The guard saw her, his foolish eyes wide.

Like a bird, like a bird the blade left her outstretched fingers. It twisted, her throw having been just so, and what little light there was glinted as if off wet wings.

The guard's eyes closed, and still she made her way across the hall, dragging her fingers in the curtains as if caressing her lover.

She plucked the knife from his neck, and left the blood to dry upon his fur in foaming bubbles. The guard clawed after the end of her skirt, but his dying hands slipped from the sheer fabric.

Everace

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 10:33:50 PM »

Not much is sexier than a lady assassin.  I do hope you find a way to work it in, along with a subplot dealing with our mystery femme fatale.  As for my feelings overall...

"Hrm... he'd have to start writing right now, ignoring the rest of his life and going without food or sleep until the dealine."  Varn scratches behind his ear, grimacing at the figures.  Everace perks up hopefully.
    "But he can still do it, right?"
    "No... when I said he'd have had to starting writing 'now,' I meant it.  It's already a few seconds too late."
    "Oh..."  The blue-eyed human seems to lose a little steam.  "Well, do we at least have a cake ready for the big day?"  Varn blinks in confusion before responding.
    "It's a little late, no?  His birthday was Sunday."
    "No no, I mean the first of October.  The end of Nano."  Varn takes on a little smile.
    "Ah, that we do.  But I think we shall have to replace 'Congratulations, Fooz!' with something more appropriate..."

Meh.  Congratulations anyway, fooz.  Don't stop working on it just cause you're hitting a deadline, ok?  Silkozi would be upset if he were to be stuck forever in mental limbo.

Edit:  That's right.  Where I come from, months count backwards.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:39:13 AM by Everace » Logged

foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2007, 03:30:09 PM »

Well basically I'm trying to put all the time I have into writing... and not procrastinating... which is really rough going. I am however averaging about a thousand words an hour, and theoretically I have fifty-five hours left... if I don't sleep, eat, or get writer's block...

Well I might as well _try_.

Furthermore: OH NO NOT CAKE
foozzzball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2007, 09:50:26 AM »

Scary update!

My PC's motherboard went 'foom'. I guess this is fate's way of saying 'If you must write this story, let me make it be... NOT EASY.' Or alternately, 'Take some time off to figure out the plot points you've been having trouble with.'

Or alternately, 'I hate you.'
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:41 AM »

You know what? That's EXACTLY the reason why I couldn't participate : a motherboard that went boom...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: