FurRag forums
August 17, 2017, 11:39:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fooz's Fiction Fracas  (Read 9471 times)
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »

That's what we call Karma.  Though in Erk's case I'd call it Murphy's Law.

My avatars?  Think of them as multiple personality disorder in a good way.
foozzzball

Lazy. And fuzzy. Mainly Lazy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 08:45:41 PM »

Bright side: I read a book today in my computerless state which inspired a future plot twist for San Iadras stuff. That's still good, right?...

Erk, I think we should form some kind of militant faction against motherboards everwhere. Our slogan can be, 'Motherboard? Motherfu-'... Well. ... Maybe there's a better, less curse-wordy one.
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2007, 08:40:40 AM »

Yeah, count me in. And... [shameless plug] if anyone feels compelled to help me out a bit so bringing my computer back to life doesn't take me 4 full months... [/shameless plug]

foozzzball

Lazy. And fuzzy. Mainly Lazy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »

Okay. I performed some genius-level problem solving involving my dead laptop's hard drive, someone else's spare PC I'm borrowing, a portable hard drive, a screw driver, and a little ingenuity to get my information off my laptop hard drive... including my writing for Nanowrimo.

Hence, at more or less the last minute, I managed to break 15k. ... Which I'm quite proud of, thank you very much..
Included at the end is a brief and very draft-like battle scene I have concocted. Theoretically I haven't finished writing the bits that appear between it and where I'm currently up to in the narrative, but writing a scene here and a scene there without neccesarily writing them all in order is a good way to get the wordcount up in a pinch.

Also if it's not very good, that's because it's, er. A last minute attempt to get my word count up, and, it worked.

Would I do Nanowrimo again? Absolutely. Ideally speaking next year I'll avoid computer problems and colds and math assignments and, you know, maybe do it _properly_. And to pass the time until then, I do appear to have a novel to finish...

Thank you everyone for your support and generally being around. It is fantastic of everybody. :3

---

It was one of the giants. Looming over the rocky hill, almost twice Silkozi's height, it looked about with great snuffs of its nose, daring anyone to come near, to fight it. But three mangled bodies lay about the giant, their blood staining his leathery grey skin. The beast's lip curled. "Are you all cowards?" it bellowed, "Or is there one among you who would dare fight me?"

Silkozi spun his spear in his hand, rolling it between his fingers, making the speartip catch the light, Sha, Sha, Sha. None of the other wolves were eager to move forward, a few of the rabbits who had ventured this far held up their shields, ears high as though they were not afraid... but they were not fighting, either.

The giant plucked up a rock from the ground in both hands, and flung it towards the rabbits. They scattered to all sides, far from where the rock struck the earth. The giant lowed in frustration.

Silkozi felt the back of his neck tense. No one would move forward to fight. Not with the giant in the way. "Ya, I will fight you," he called out finally, starting to lope forward, letting his jaw hang slack so that his red tongue showed. He glared up at the giant, at the mighty horn upon its head that dripped with the blood of the slain.

"Alone? I'll crush you," the giant snorted, turning his head this way and that to look down at Silkozi. Silkozi's own head did not even reach near the Giant's chest.

"Yaa," Silkozi agreed. "If I come near, your big fists will strike me, Big one. You will crush me to the ground. What is the name of your people?"

"I am of the Rhinos," The giant replied, poking out a massive finger beside his nose, sweeping it up to mimic his fine horn. "The people of the nose-horn. I am Elsos. You?"

"Silkozi, a hound, a son of Ekoshi. Tell me Elsos. Are you stupid?"

Elsos's heavy brow lowered, he turned to watch Silkozi circle. "Is that the best insult you can muster?"

"It is just a question," Silkozi replied. "My wife, she always tells me, Silkozi, you are a great big idiot. The worst in the world. But today I see a greater one," he said, gesturing up at Elsos.

Elsos's great big, rheumy eyes narrowed. "How dare you speak to me like that you whelp..." The giant took a shuddering breath, holding back his anger. He twisted his head to one side, to peer at Silkozi with one eye, then the other, for his eyes were upon the sides of his head. He could not easily see past the great horn upon his nose.

Silkozi grinned, hunching low, spear held lightly in his hands. "Yaa, my wife thinks I am very stupid. When I was a tiny boy I stood infront of an angry beast-ox, Elsos, and he ran at me. Yaa, so stupid, am I. Stupid, stupid Silkozi. But you, you just stand there like a great big lump. Yaa, you have no brain," Silkozi taunted.

Elsos grimaced. "You bastard whelp!" He started after Silkozi, great feet pounding the earth flat with each step, swiping out after Silkozi with his great fists. But Silkozi leapt away at the last moment each time, laughing, baying at him.

"People of the nose-horn. Hah! I have a bigger one," Silkozi laughed, sweeping a hand at his crotch mockingly.

Elsos roared, ducking his head and lunging after Silkozi. His leathery flesh rippled with each pounding step he took, the horn glistened in the light.

And Silkozi, stupid Silkozi, stood there. Stood there and lifted up his spear, holding it stiff and straight within Elsos's blind spot, just before his horn, and at the last moment, Silkozi stepped aside, ducking low, lifting the tip of his spear.

The stone point caught Elsos on the breast, the flake shards didn't cut through his flesh easily, but the point pierced the Rhinos's skin, made a gaping hole that th ehsaft of the spear disappeared into as Elsos lumbered onward, onward, until the giant was upon his hands and knees, his shoulder against Silkozi's waist.

"Perhaps if you had a brain, Elsos," Silkozi hissed, "you would not charge a wolf with a spear. But I do not blame you. The beast-ox, they do not know this either."

The blood flowed, hot and fast. Silkozi twisted the spear in the wound, dug it back with one jerk, but he could not pull it out of Elsos's body all the way. It was stuck fast. So he took a step back, and pulled, pulled with both hands and all his strength until at last the speartip popped free, chipped and broken. The spear's shaft was hot and wet with blood.

Silkozi licked at the blood covering his hands. "Yaa," he mused. "You even taste stupid. The ox did as well."

Elsos tried to find his feet, pushing against the ground, grimacing with pain, but Silkozi jabbed out with the spear again, again, until the point pierced the giant's neck and his blood flowed out freely. Elsos took a long time to die, and the rabbits watched, as close to horror as the Kith Athara came, eyes wide. The wolves moved up to the Giant's corpse contemplatively fingering their own spears, looking up at Silkozi, wonderingly. But Silkozi was looking back at the line of battle, where shields clashed and siwlred, where men fought, at the circling of the men pulled by beasts on wheeled sleds far behind the lines, towards the south.

At the enraged giants striding away from the battle, coming towards Silkozi and the wolves and the far left flank, bellowing at the smell of their friend's blood. They would not be fooled so easily.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: