FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:12:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In the interests of inspiration...  (Read 2483 times)
bengoodridge

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007, 07:25:28 PM »

It can be tough to find inspiration, even when you're looking for it. (Especially when you're looking for it.) So I would like, in this thread and for the duration of NaNo, to provide a daily inspiration from the debris of my day to day life, and invite others to comment upon mine or share their own. These are mostly "found objects." I did not invent these myself.

To provide an oddity from your own world, invoke the words, "In the interests of inspiration, I present you with:" and then offer your non-sequitur. I'll begin.

In the interests of inspiration, I present you with the strangest spam header I've ever seen in my inbox:

"Robot rose computer pyramid record horse tongue."

Thank you.

--
Ben Goodridge
(Somehow, this header was supposed to convince me to purchase a Chinese penny stock. Well, I'm sold. Buy me some o' that.)
foozzzball

Lazy. And fuzzy. Mainly Lazy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:30:33 PM »

A gentleman on a bicycle, wearing a mismatched hat and jacket, shoes and trousers, dressed gaudily enough to fit in with a pantomime but not gaudily enough to be stared at on the streets untill you're too close. And if you're that close, you can see the gold ankh hanging around his chest. He zips past, grins, and winks. he knows you've spotted him for an outsider.

--

Very slightly modified encounter I had a few weeks back.
Everace

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 08:41:59 PM »

A young man sits behind the counter of a theatre concession stand.  It's a slow day, and he's just doing his best not to nod off.  He catches a hint of movement in the corner of his eye, at the entrance where the theatre meets the surrounding mall.  He smiles, happy to have a customer that will help him kill a bit of time. 
    Turning he finds that the customer in question is a boy, roughly twelve years old, who rides into the room on a bicycle.  The concessionist's jaw falls open.  Even if the kid didn't have enough common sense to know not to ride indoors, how the heck did he get this far without being stopped by mall security?!  Overcoming his initial shock the man calls out,
    "Kid, get off that bike!"  With a clear tone of irritated indignation.  The child is completely surprised.  His face seems to say, 'oh, was this not allowed?' as he quickly stops and dismounts.
    "Sorry!"  He calls before walking his bike to the exit on the opposite side of the theatre.

-Actually happened to me about a month back, I was the concessionist.

My avatars?  Think of them as multiple personality disorder in a good way.
bengoodridge

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 02:51:29 AM »

I offer the following oddity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljAXHWE0bDQ

This Geeksplosion is apparently a furries vs. Klingons bowling tournament. Two things:

1) Who won??

2) How did the furries get their fingers in the bowling ball holes?

--Ben Goodridge
Osfer
Administrator

Uncrowned King of FurRag and Bad Dog Books.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 08:46:34 AM »

This event is actually covered in, I believe, episode 10 of the excellent furry podcast that can be found here:

www.clawcast.com
bengoodridge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »

And now, I present you with the following. I discovered this on a random surf through YouTube. I'd never heard of it before, but there it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkIHidlXT00

It's so  nice to have a wolf around the house.

--Ben Goodridge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: