FurRag forums
August 23, 2017, 02:22:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Lack of...Well...Lack of Everything  (Read 6319 times)
Homo_fictious

I has cookie. *nomnomnom*

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:28:54 AM »

Fictious walks into the loung and sits down in a comfy leather chair. He crosses his paws and looks solemnly at the other occupance of the room.

"Okay, I've noticed a great...well...lack of." He says. "Nobody is posting. Nobody is reviewing. Nobody is doing anything. I'm not even sure people are bothering to come on. Now I've been around other forums. I've advertised this forum. I've joined forums SPECIFICALLY to advertise this forum. Yet I see few doing the same. Am I the only one here that is really trying to bring in new members. Makavalti came on because he saw my advertisment in my sig on a different forum. There might have been more, I'm not sure. It would be greatly appreciated if I could have some help."

Fiction begins to play with the fur of his tail for a moment as if in thought.

"Why are we here people? Let me answer for myself. I am here to write some stories. To be graded on what talent I have or don't have. I am here to mingle with the other fur's. I am here to become a senior member of this forum within a few years. I am here hopeing that such senior membership will grant me modship and other rewards of the sort. I am here to be friends with everyone and everything that passes through those furry front doors into our humble abode. What are you here for? To wait for more members to come? It was hard to find this site in the first place, I had never heard of it. There are thoasands of MUCH better furry sites out there, yet I stay because the community here (however small) is welcoming, warm, kind and generous. More than that they are dedicated. I saw potential. I saw the potential for this site to become great. Yet it has been at least a few months since I first joined and hardly anything has changed. We have 7 new members since I first joined. 7 in the space of several months. That's bad people. We have added a single new sub-forum and it is rarley used. The bar I created goes untouched and gathering dust. And I come on here day after day trying to breath life into this child. For this site is still VERY young. Barely out of it's womb. It is a cub, and we are neglecting it. I need some help people, we need to pull our act together. I barely see a single soul these days."

Fictious spreads his arms and leans forward, squeaking the leather as he goes.

"Where are you? Do you have better forums to go on? Do you have lives in RL that stop you from coming online for at least a few hours a day to freshen the air of this cub? Seemingly gone are the times with good old Erk and osfer himself that spoke and talked the night and days away. Seemingly gone is my dear friend Quinn, where his story after even several months has only one new chapter. Seemingly gone is the life."

Fictious sits back again and resumes his previous position by pressing his paws together.

"So now I ask you. Go fourth, place your topics, spark a conversation, order a drink, join a new forum with the motive of advertising this site, poste more often, and be here when I log on. It is dreadfully lonely when no one is around. And I am here monday-thursday. I am always on on these days. Always. Could you yourself not make such a commitment? It is only for a while. I stay on for maybe 1-2 hours at the most to see if anyone logs on. Only my dear friend Will Wolf is ever on, and we simply pm each other, for there is nothing to post about. Help me. Help us. Help this forum and help yourself. I however am going to help myself to some prune juice, excuse me."

Fictious gets onto his feet and walks out of the room and into the bar down the hall.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter.
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:10:51 AM »

Well you know there's already the thing that I prefer to join conversations rather than starting new ones.
And there's also RL that kept bugging me. Within barely a couple of days, I lost my job, got a new one, but lost almost any chance of having a steady, easily accessible connection  Sad
One of the results is that I haven't IM-ed my boyfriend in more than two weeks now, which is kinda hard (e-mails just aren't the same, and phone... forget it)
By the way, Fictious... Interested in joining what I call my small "picture reviewers club" ? Wink

P.S. : I'm also a bit (well, not just a bit) discouraged at how my story's last update attracted close to zero attention besides my boyfriend and two closest friends. Dudes, I spent well more than a year writing that! I'd like some reactions there! And advice! And criticism! (pleeeeease...)

Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 09:19:38 AM »

I know how you feel, I placed my story which everyone had been wanting me to place on the main page, but no one has revied it. It's barely been read.

admittedly I made a few mistakes when updating it like accidently duplicating chapter 14, and I need to change one of my charecters names...but that doesn't mean people can't read or review it.

Plus I've got a new story up their now, 2 chapters, I consider it so far to be really good...YET NOT A SINGLE COMMENT!

What is going on here? It's like someone is using a hoover to suck the life out of this place.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter.
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 09:31:38 AM »

Myeah, well I could have the excuse of a slow connection... Any page of this site (other than the forums) needs tens of seconds to be displayed so I don't often browse the main site (even though I should!)
And you haven't ansewered my question yet, Fictious... Roll Eyes

Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

What does this club entale?

edit: I have to go. Give me a description of the club and what it does. Dies it literally just review pictures or something like that? It seemes a bit simple if thats the case. but either way I'd be glad to join.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 09:59:25 AM by Homo_fictious » Logged

Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »

It's not an official club, only I call it like that. It's just a group of people whose opinion matters to me artwise.
It means that you get to see everything I draw, even those I won't post online, and all I ask in exchange is criticism and advice (and praise, don't forget the praise! Grin )
All I need is your e-mail address so I can start spamming you with unfinished sketches, half-done WIPs and why not, full-res versions of some pictures I had to shrink down before posting them online...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:04:53 AM by Erkhyan » Logged

Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »

sure. You could get the email address from my profile, but I'll give it to you here anyway.

cirraxlankart@yahoo.co.uk

Everace

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 04:20:23 AM »

Ya, I suppose I haven't exactly been around Furrag for a while myself... nor have many other people, now that I'm looking around.  I think it finally sunk in that about 70% of what I'd be reviewing here is gonna be gay romance&erotica.  I went through it and dealt out reviews just like with any other genre, of course, but it's never held any interest for me.  It's always been work rather than play (play being what I'm out for, ya know).  Sorry... due to lack of enthusiasm, I think I may be around decidedly less often.

P.S.: Fictious, your writing abilities seem to grow like an untamed blaze!  I'd say you're already one of the better authors around, and at only 16 (or is it 17 yet?) you really have a great shot at being published!  Don't you dare stop writing, ever, and know that I'll always be ready to proofread your work.

My avatars?  Think of them as multiple personality disorder in a good way.
Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »

well, I would certainly love you to read my new story online. It's called 'Bell' and I consider it some of my best work.

me...stop writing...HAH! Like that'll ever happen.

Thank's for the compliment, but I doubt I am. There are hundreds of authors and if i'm one of the best I'll eat my tail.

erm...does anybody have any ketchup? I think everace will try to prove me wrong. Cheesy

GET TO WORK!!!!

I'll try and post the 3rd chapter of bell soon. and for you everace, the new TAMA chapter is almost finished. shouldn't be more than a week. Grin

Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 01:36:40 PM »

Mmmh? Maybe I should help Everace prove you wrong... As soon as I can get some time, I'm downloading all of your stories to read them at home, Fictious. Wink
And, er... "mostly gay romance/erotica"... I should stop delaying the introduction of my story's non-gay main characters, hahaha!

Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »

Grin probably. newcomers would probably think this was a hom-fest otherwise. lol.

edit: I'm 17 btw. 18 this march. I DON'T WANNA BE 18 YET!!!! TOOO SOOOOOOOOON!!!!  Cry
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:08:44 PM by Homo_fictious » Logged

Nausicaa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 07:02:21 AM »

Hey, I'm here. Not that I'm scared away or anything, it's just the RL and the exams and the coursework and all those things that've stopped me from posting too much. Also, I need more reviews! =:P

"The Argos catalogue is the laminated book of dreams! You know why it's laminated? To catch the tears of joy!"
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 04:39:38 AM »

By teh way Fictious, I got to read all three of your stories calmly at home. And I'm glad to say I fully suscribe to Everace's opinion of your writing skills Smiley

Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 04:17:03 PM »

I spent quite a bit of time thinking about this and see parallels.

Almost everybody I meet tells me they have a great idea for a story or book they want to write.  Of those, less than 1 in 10 have even started to write.  Of those who start, less than 1 in 10 finish more than a chapter.  Of those who write more than a chapter, most are fearful that their ideas or characters will be pirated, so they are reluctant to even talk about their work, let alone put their work out in a forum like this.  On top of all that, it is very hard to put your work out for others to criticize. 

I am not surprised that this community is growing very slowly, or even regressing.

I have also been warned by my writing mentors about the problem agents and publishers may have with previously distributed material, regardless of the forum it is presented in.  I am slowly working to remove every reference to Quinn Yellowfox from the internet. I have a meeting with a mainstream agent in April and may need to remove my current profile here and change the name. *Looks to Fictus pleadingly*

I divide my time between working, writing, reading, RP'ing (playing in general) and living a very full and active RL. 

Nonetheless, I declare this openly: I will make every effort to read and review one story weekly.  I wish I could make a promise, but I will set this as a goal.   It seems reasonable. I will focus on stories that haven't been reviewed and will avoid those that are erotic since my favored genre is adventure.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Homo_fictious

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 08:39:17 AM »

well if you like adventure, check out 'Bell'. I think you'll like it alot.

I'm about to resubmit my story 'Little Lies' because it needed quite a few changes.

Everace, once I've done this (which is right after I've posted this reply) I will send you the new TAMA chapter.

I've had quite the busy week. lol

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: