FurRag forums
July 20, 2017, 10:37:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fur's and Homosexuality?  (Read 4858 times)
quoting_mungo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »

Blame The Ark. And the fact that this bloody country is so boring the song really does ring true. I once sent a friend of mine a novel by Jan Guillou (in English translation) which takes place in the province I live in and is a pretty fair representation of it aside from the imaginiative crime it centers around (yay implausible crime novels!). His comment was that it sounds like a grey and boring area.

That's coming from someone who lives in freaking Minnesota!

Should be saying something about how bad this area can be.

Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 04:42:31 PM »

(A stately golden fox slips into the room and places an auburn paw on Fictus's chair. He looks at the floor for a moment, ears laid flat and tail sagging. A mischevious smile curls the corners of his muzzle.)

Sorry I haven't been around much.  RL is pretty busy. Still, I have to agree with a lot of what has been said here...especially the comments regarding an accepting community.

I feel like the minority here: a completely straight male.

I was a furry before I knew such a thing existed. I wore shirts with Pepe le Pew or other popular characters, kept anthro art on the walls of my office and dreamed of writing a story like The Secret of NIMH I have never felt shunned or outcast in any way for my furriness. I am actually very open about it. I have discussed my work with several mainstream writers and have been accepted.  I guess I have never felt persecuted fur being furry. Believe it or not, I first found the fandome after the infamous "Fur and Loathing" episode of CSI.

I wonder if the fandom became a community with the convergence of latch key kids meeting the internet? My family was quite dysfunctional (as most were/are). I escaped into a world of acceptance, comedy and values expressed in the favored medium of childhood...cartoons. I was raised with Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Disney films and a whole host of furry friends.  As I matured, it is only natural that they would mature too.  In general, I think the straight community is uncomfortable with this transformation. I bet they still watch Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks films and smile.

This community is one of imagination. Straight men tend to fancy other flavors of fantasy life. There are more mainstream diversions that can be talked about openly.  Somehow I just cant see myself having a beer and asking "Did you see how Fisk broke Beth's heart in the latest panel of Better Days?"  Sometimes I do send people webcomic panels to look at if they are appropriate and let them explore more if they want.

Artists and writers make up most of this community. The mainstream is overwhelmingly left brained as is most of the straight community. They can't understand the the excitement of having characters come to life in your head.  We all know that thrill. This is lost on the vast majority of the world's population.

We are a right brained group. Maybe it's as simple as that? It's not a matter sexual orientation but rather that of the mind.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Homo_fictious

I has cookie. *nomnomnom*

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 08:34:03 AM »

Fictious looks up at Quinn and a large smile spreads across his face. He suddenly jumps up, wraps his arms around his fellow fox and hugs him tight.

"QUINN!" He calls out loudly.

He suddenly drops to the floor and blushes.

"Sorry. You just haven't been on lately. I've missed you. GET ON MORE OFTEN!" He shouts bopping the other fox hard on the head.

"But don't feel so secluded, your not the only straight person on here. Osfer himself is straight...I think." Fictious raises a paw and begins stroking his furry chin in thought and confusion.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter.
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »

*Rubbs tender noggin and winces*

That's supposed to keep me comming back?

It's nice to know I was missed and I will be back as much as I can. This is quite a special community. I miss it when I'm gone.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Homo_fictious

I has cookie. *nomnomnom*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:56 AM »

Grin and so you should!

after all...your world would be boring without me. Roll Eyes

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: