FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 05:09:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Series on FurRag  (Read 2234 times)
quoting_mungo

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:12 AM »

I was browsing the collections yesterday, and then dropped by the WikiFur article on FurRag this morning, and it struck me that there were no open series in the entire list aside from the NaNo ones. I thought this was a rather disappointing state of affairs, so I created a very broad series to start it off: Furries and Humans.

The series is open, and I encourage people to add any story they feel fit the theme of significant/prominent interaction between furries and humans.

I know it's a theme that a lot of people find interesting, which is why I chose to make it a first; it'll have quite a bit of content and it's potentially interesting to readers.

If this inspires you to create another open series, please do, and then post about it here. (The Thursday Prompt comes to mind -- several people have their own closed series for their own responses to the prompt but it might be worthwhile to have them gathered in one place, adding those collections as sub-collections? I don't work with the prompts myself so I'm hesitant to create the series.)

Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »

Curious. I was sure there used to be a couple of other open series, but I never wrote anything for them because they were outside my focus.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »

ah, I Was wondering about the closed/open bit on stories, hope you don't mind me adding on to it  ^^

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:25:08 PM »

In case there is any misunderstanding, a closed series is created by an author and only the creator can contribute. In an open series, a subject or setting is created and anyone can post stories into it.

I love the idea of creating more open series.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:26:45 PM »

ah, thanks!

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: