FurRag forums
July 20, 2017, 10:39:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writing Resources  (Read 4441 times)
iain

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »

Annie Dillard is a happy reprieve for those writers who, like me, grow hypercritical over works in progress, and find themselves wondering what the point is.

The Writing Life is a godsend for those moments.

Also, building a routine of jotting your thoughts into a journal; describing scenes in your life, and toying with words is very helpful because it keeps you writing even when you can't think up a story, and it helps you to uncover the stories you actually want to write, rather than the stories you think you want to write. To be honest, I'm shoddy at this. I only write in my journal in spurts, and sometimes I go months without even looking at the stupid thing. It's still proven itself to be invaluable, despite my neglect.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 02:22:27 PM by iain » Logged

“A writer looking for subjects inquires not after what he loves best, but after what he alone loves at all.” ~Annie Dillard
Lonely Wolf

Alone by choice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »

my reference is my life, literally, I live by this quote, "The Loneliest people are the kindest, The saddest people smile the brightest, The most damaged people are the wisest, All because they don't wish to see any one else suffer the way they did." I am all 3... Cry

"I cannot tell my story without going a long way back"
-Hermann Hesse
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: