FurRag forums
July 20, 2017, 10:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Critics' Choice nomination and discussion  (Read 10129 times)
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 11:54:18 AM »

But Redwall isn't erotica.  Tongue Yes, of course it belongs on the list along with many other earlier classics.

There is an existing and massive list. Have a look at this:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/furrydex/

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »

no, its not but come on, that's my childhood right there. Side note, have yet to see rule 34 of redwall

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 08:20:36 PM »

If you can't find it, create it! Tongue

EDIT: So I suppose with the existence of that list, an external sources section here would be superfluous? Too bad, so sad. Ah well. At least we don't have to worry about diverting readers to YiffCentral SoChildFriendly SoFurry.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:31:19 PM by Reiter » Logged

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »

Added fooz's My Brother and A Father's Skin to stories.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 05:47:54 AM »

Work for when you come back, Reiter - since my nudging him to join this site worked, I'd like to recommend Colin Cougar as an author and his story A Midsummer Day's Dream as a must-read.

Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »

What is this? A total of one nomination since I left nigh three weeks ago? Tsk tsk tsk. This has to change. *opens drawer and extracts heavy-duty reading goggles, pen, notebook, and blowtorch. Sits at desk. Wears goggles. Wears wording mask.*

Thanks for the heads up, Erk. Checked and added. Any chance we could get Colin to bring along other people as well? Or any chance we could at least do that ourselves?

- attr. Mark Twain
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:18 PM »

I've honestly done some combing through the site looking for non-erotica to nominate, which has only revealed to me how little there is in that category, far less than I'd hoped.

I'll nominate Quinn's Wastelands though. Either version, though the rewrite is more powerful. (It's also more creepy to me.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:51:10 PM by Altivo » Logged

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »

In which case I should probably be putting on my welding mask and assembling my test tubes and hoping against hope that in my efforts, a linguistic Frankenstein I shall not be. Ah, well.

*switches wording mask for welding, points torch at stack of letters, and sets it to 'High'. Because if Shakespeare's Monkeys can do it, so can I.*

- attr. Mark Twain
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

Already doing what I can to bring people here, but admittedly I don't know that many people... I'll see if I can drop more hints here and there.

Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2010, 09:04:47 PM »

I've half a mind to join FA and SF if just for the networking. Figured it's about time we started being more aggressive with our self-promotion. Think you could cook up a good story or two, Erk? I'm working on a couple - it may be easier to convince people to join if they can see our workshop results.

On the subject of PG-13 stories, I just came up with a solution so stupidly simple, I cannot believe I didn't think of it before. Post a challenge on the main site and advertise it on the front page. Elementary, dear Watson. Pre-school, even.

Excuse me while I introduce my head to the keyboard. *face-desk*

- attr. Mark Twain
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 02:56:36 AM »

Note bene
1. FA, due to them dicking around with the coding, has accidently turned off new registration and they have no clue how to turn it back on.

2. Gonna give you something even more obvious, advertise challenges more prominently on the front page.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »

Working on a story here. Or actually, 3 different ones. but, knowing how fast I write, it might take a while...

Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 10:25:54 AM »

You want to able to write faster? Well, I have just the thing for you. We'll put up a progress thread where anyone and everyone can comment on/extol/whine about the story they're writing, sort of like what fooz and the older writers did when they were here. Nothing works better then peer pressure. Grin

- attr. Mark Twain
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 10:32:36 AM »

Haha, I wanted to get something like that done on my journal but didn't have the guts/patience to do it. But yeah, it might be a great idea, since I just rambled for almost an hour to my boyfriend about not being able to write and still somehow managed to tell him the whole plot of two separate stories!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 10:34:51 AM by Erkhyan » Logged

k9k

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 10:57:50 PM »

I got some rattling around in my head, my muse is finally getting his act together

H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: