FurRag forums
August 18, 2017, 04:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another critique request  (Read 1997 times)
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2011, 01:57:59 AM »

Well, since I haven't yet received critique on my new story and it's no longer in the 'recent stories' section, I thought I'd request a critique, before the story gets lost in the endless ether.
Here is a link: http://www.furrag.com/viewstory.php?sid=1307

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers my call.

-Alflor

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Lutrina Lontra
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:00:28 AM »

I'll get right on it, like I promised. ^^
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »

What aspects do you want critiqued? I'm currently preparing for a performance and am swamped with other projects besides, but I'll try to give it a look-see this weekend or next.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »

What aspects do you want critiqued? I'm currently preparing for a performance and am swamped with other projects besides, but I'll try to give it a look-see this weekend or next.
The impact. That's what I'm most concerned with. How does the story leave you feeling? Were the characters effective in connecting you with the message?
That's it, really.
What performance are you preparing for, theatre? I'm an actor myself, so it's interesting to hear other people's stories.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »

Classical violinist, actually. I don't know if it would be misleading to say I dabbled in theatre, but I've worked alongside actors in musicals, like "Fiddler on the Roof" and a couple other large-scale local productions you wouldn't know of.

Funnily enough, though the academy I'm studying in is ostensibly for music and theatre, I don't really know that many actors or that much about acting, though it's one art I've always been curious about.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: