FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Furry Videogames, anyone?  (Read 4266 times)
King_Monkey_666

This pic feels unfinished...REDO!!! XD

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2011, 05:00:15 AM »

Hey, everybody! Been awhile since I've done anything here. College life is keeping me WAAYY more busy than I thought it would.

Anyway, the reason why I'm here is because since I don't quite have the time to post any chapters, I'd contribute to the fandom by throwing this little bit of zetta awesomeness in the air:

I came across an old rpg called Breath of Fire II for the GameBoy Advance. It has a bunch of furry characters, one of which I'm madly obsessed with because of all things...HE'S A MONKEY!!!  Cheesy YATTAI!!!  Cheesy (is that right? I dunno. The point is, I'm gonna level him up like mad, and I'm super happy! XD) I decided I'd share this news, and was wondering if anyone out there knew of any other games with anthros in it. (preferably predominately furry, but if they're halfway human/hybrids, that'll be good enough.)

So...what's the good word out there, peoples?
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 05:12:28 AM »

Sly Cooper. One of my absolute favorite game trilogies... Aaand you get to listen to sly's voice... soo fantastic.
Inherit the Earth is another fantastic one. It's an old point'n'click adventure game, but there's an iPad/iPod port now. Now THAT game is really furry.
http://inherittheearth.net/
They've got a long-running web-comic as well. It's a really good time. Come to think of it, it's one of my favorite furry comics.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »

I checked out an MMO last year which was called Skylanes or Skyplanes or something like that. It was based off a cartoon of some sort, where all the characters were furry and lived on floating islands and such. Basically you were a pilot, and had to fly trade missions or shoot down pirates. It was fun, and furry characters are always a + , but the game was in real-time so you never really did much but log on for 5 minutes every two hours or so. Eventually it turned out to be too much bother, so I just dropped it.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
tbohn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 12:45:48 PM »

Let's see here...

MMO - Earth Eternal. There's tons of furry characters, it's free, and it's a pretty simple little game to just mess around with. I really should start playing it some more.

SNES - Breath of Fire and Breath of Fire II. I figured the first game should be mentioned too! There is a wolf character named Bo who, guess what? Yeah, uses a bow. BOFII is more entertaining.
SNES - Brutal: Paws of Fury. A decent 2D fighter with all furry characters. Toony and fun.
SNES - Star Fox II - An unreleased sequel to the original Star Fox. You can pick it up as a ROM online.

Anyway, that's all that really comes to mind. There are tons more!
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 02:06:55 PM »

Disclaimer: I am decidedly NOT a gamer.

I've heard "Animal Crossing" mentioned about ten thousand times, though.

In general, I am turned off by games because they all seem to rely on violence for "entertainment value" rather than puzzles, interaction, or other sorts of activity.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Lutrina Lontra
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 02:38:43 PM »

@Altivo: There are plenty of great games out there that are predominantly puzzle-based. Myst and Tetris come to mind immediately. But yeah, I have to agree. Nearly all of the great games out there have some kind of violence aspect, however graphic it is.

To answer the OP, I have two names for you: Sonic. Crash. ^^
King_Monkey_666

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »

Wow...totally forgot about some of the mainstream games for a sec. Never played Starfox, and all I know about them is what I've played in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Falco's AWESOME!!! But sonic's better...>_>) Hopefully, I plan to change this when I get the 3DS and Starfox 64 REDEUX! (not the real title, but hey.)  Wink

Alright, this list is pretty good so far. Keep 'em coming!

And one more thing: For those who've played and/or beaten Breath of Fire II, is there any one character I should focus on leveling up? right now, I've just found Jean the frog, and apparently no one cares about the imposter...poor guy.

k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »

Why has no one mentioned ratchet and clank?!

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Lutrina Lontra
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:10:29 AM »

Cuz we all knew you would mention it and didn't want to spoil your fun >_>
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 02:08:06 AM »

Or how about conkers bad fur day?
Banjo Kazooie?

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
King_Monkey_666

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 03:17:27 AM »

Or how about conkers bad fur day?
Banjo Kazooie?

Zetta fun times on the N64!  Wink
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »

Cuz we all knew you would mention it and didn't want to spoil your fun >_>
I don't get it. Is it divisively political and/or homoerotic?

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Lutrina Lontra
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 01:56:22 AM »

...Now I'm confused
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 03:44:32 AM »

I am the resident gay erotica writer and openly political.

H. L. Mencken
King_Monkey_666

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 05:02:19 AM »

Found another one! Bloody Roar! XD

And of all things, it was for the Gamecube. Why didn't I know about this when I still had one!? Now I'll never be able to find a copy!!! DX  Cry

most of the characters I found are here:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1R2TSND_en&biw=1225&bih=502&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=bloody+roar+animal+form&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:04:16 AM by King_Monkey_666 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: