FurRag forums
June 29, 2017, 01:58:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rainfurrest 2011  (Read 2457 times)
Lutrina Lontra
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »

Rainfurrest is the big furry convention of the Pacific Northwest and it happens to take place right in my backyard. It takes place in Seatac, WA (right between Seattle and Tacoma) on a four day weekend: September 22-25. For more information, here's the website: https://www.rainfurrest.org/2011/

I've been to RF the past two years and it's always been a blast. I would love to meet some fellow FurRag members there, if possible. It's still a ways away, but I definitely plan on going if at all possible. I'd like to know if any other folks on here happen to go to RF already or are at least interested. ^^
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:40:33 PM »

I thought you were kidding about the Seatac name, but it appears there really is a place named liked that! Huh. Huh

I can say with complete certainty that I am most definitely NOT attending Rainfurrest, or Furry Fiesta, or FWA, or any other of those merry get-togethers you US-dwellers have planned. It's much too far away, for one thing, in the one country that is on my probationary list right now (and will probably remain there for the foreseeable future). And, supposing I did have the means to travel there, the other problem is that my student budget is being really mean to me right now, so I will be forced to take shelter in people's backyards and subsist on crackers and McDonald's ketchup packets for the entirety of my stay. While I like advenchurr as much as the next guy, I'm pretty sure it will eventually wear me out, and since furry cons are meant to be relaxation areas and testing grounds for the Flu Gods' latest creations, I'm afraid I'll have to pass this one up (even if it means passing up the honor of being molested by the TSA. In the name of nati - I'm sorry - international security, everyone!)

tl;dr - Sorry, pal, can't make it. (Alternatively: Buuuummer, dude. :/)

What we *could* do if we all wanted to be in the same "room" and talk about sun-dried raisins or sun-baked bricks or other things under the sun would be to organize a grand Skype/YIM meeting. Since we all live within roughly 10 time zones of each other (except for CS - hope he's okay), we could probably pull that off. I'd have to get a microphone first, though, or a voice synthesizer - so you'll only know me as "The Guy with the voice of Stephen Hawking." Tongue

Enough of my silliness. Have fun, y'all!

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »

Woohoo! I just paid for my registration at Rainfurrest 2011. Thought I'd renew this thread a little and see if there's any support for RF '11 this year besides myself and Alflor. Unfortunately, because I work, I won't be able to be at the convention constantly. I work night shift and sleep 8 AM to noon, which puts me at the con from about 1 to 8 PM each day, unless I happen to not be schedule on one of the con days (rare, but it could happen).

Anyone else gonna be there? I'd love to meet some of you awesome folks there!
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:10 PM »

Oh, I'm almost certainly going. It's part of my grand scheme to attend as many cons as I can this year. I'll also be at FC, Furry Fiesta, AC, Furfright and maybe Camp Feral (although, idk, I've heard some "things" about that con).

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 04:11:59 AM »

Wish I had that kind of money. XP Would love to meet you there, Alflor! Hopefully by then I'll have copy of Allasso to show off to everyone. XD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: