FurRag forums
August 23, 2017, 02:23:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: CaliFur 2011  (Read 3198 times)
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 11:43:41 PM »

Oh, Califur was incredible! It was my first ever con and prior to going, I really didn't get the point of cons as a whole. Now, I'm absolutely addicted. Just being there with all these other furries is an absolutely fantastic experience. I attended a ton of panels, all of which were very informative -- especially the one on digital background painting. My panels went really well, too -- lots of people attending, lots of great questions and a lot of folks said they really appreciated them. Oh, and my origami panel was actually packed! Everyone seemed to have fun and I constantly bumped into people carrying around their origami creations. Oh, and I didn't have to pay a cent for anything but food and gifts -- they gave me a nice hotel room right in the Marriott and a free membership. I know I won't be getting either of those next year, but I am definitely making plans to attend. I'll also probably go to FC, Rainfurrest and AC next year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:17:42 AM by Alflor » Logged

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »

If I can make it happen, I will be at Rainfurrest this year. I'd love to see you there, Alflor! Smiley
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 01:19:23 AM »

Oh, that'd be fantastic! From what I hear, Rainfurrest is a very writing-heavy con, so the panels there should be quite interesting.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »

It is! I was there last year and the year before. Lots of great writing panels, plus Kyell and KM broadcasted Unsheathed live from RF the last two years. They'll probably do it again, or I'd assume so. :3
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: