FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:45:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anthroaquatic editing services  (Read 2570 times)
Korygon

Need editing done? I'm your otter!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »

Hello for the first time everyone!

While listening to the latest episode of Unsheathed, I heard an email that was read, written by a good friend of mine, Alflor.  I had never heard of this place before, and I wish I had sooner.  Seems like a really awesome place for aspiring writers.

Well, I know a lot of people on here are most likely just looking for proofreaders, but I'd like to point out that I semi-recently started up my own little editing company.

I've been mentioned to be in existence by Kyell Gold, Fuzzwolf, Alflor, Rikoshi/Kevin Frane, my mother, and a bunch of other awesome people.  Hoping that's enough to get you guys to check me out.

Just a quick synopsis of what I do (since the content inside of the link above is a bit tl;dr):
For a fairly small fee, I will check over any work for grammatical and punctuation mistakes, suggest potential changes to the story (whether it be plot, characters, or otherwise), and in general help your work look good for publication. 
I also have a good relationship with both Sofawolf Press as well as Furplanet.  I work at a Borders bookstore in Waterford, CT, and our store carries published furry literature from a small variety of authors.  For more info on that, check around my FA.  Saying this because MAYBE I can help get you into get something published.  MAYBE.  So far I haven't had any noticeable luck, but hopefully someday soon.  I'M TRYING ALFLOR, REALLY I AM.

Well that's it for me.  I will be sure to hang around here now that I know this place exists, and I hope some of you will find my services to be of help.  I aim to please after all =)

I run my own little editing company.  Check me out!

"Hi, I have a quote in my signature."
~Smart people
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 04:55:19 PM »

I also have a good relationship with both Sofawolf Press as well as Furplanet.  I work at a Borders bookstore in Waterford, CT, and our store carries published furry literature from a small variety of authors.
Oh, so you're that guy! It's great to meet you. Any friend of Alflor's is welcome on this site, and anyone who works this hard to bring furry to the mainstream definitely is. Kudos, and hope you enjoy your stay!

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Korygon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »

I also have a good relationship with both Sofawolf Press as well as Furplanet.  I work at a Borders bookstore in Waterford, CT, and our store carries published furry literature from a small variety of authors.
Oh, so you're that guy! It's great to meet you. Any friend of Alflor's is welcome on this site, and anyone who works this hard to bring furry to the mainstream definitely is. Kudos, and hope you enjoy your stay!

Dang, every time I go somewhere, I'm ALWAYS "that" guy.  Hahaha I'm just kidding.  It's nice to see this place though.  Thanks for the kudos, and I think I'm going to have some fun on here =)

~Smart people
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »

Welcome to FurRag. We're glad to have you aboard.

Yeah, for some reason, this site continues to be a big secret even after nearly six years of operation.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Korygon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »

Welcome to FurRag. We're glad to have you aboard.

Yeah, for some reason, this site continues to be a big secret even after nearly six years of operation.

Yeah.  Have you guys tried getting ad space on FA?  Crappy as it may seem, the ads draw a LOT of visitors.  I'm hoping to have one of my own (whenever they reply to me), and it would be cool to see one of this place up there as well.

Then again, I didn't pay attention to the ads (or do much with FA) until about a year ago (if that), so I apologize if you guys already had an ad that I missed.

~Smart people
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:57 PM »

Aah! You beat me to it! I was just about to go make you a thread. Nice banner, btw =)

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Korygon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:08 PM »

Aah! You beat me to it! I was just about to go make you a thread. Nice banner, btw =)

Well after I found out the place existed, I knew I had to come make a thread.  I saw that you hadn't yet (silly Californians and behind 3 hours behind the times), so I figured I'd make my own.

Thanks.  My friend Keenan made it.  He's a really good artist, even though he procrastinates worse than anyone I've seen =p

~Smart people
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »

Procrastination seems to be a common trait among both artists and authors.  Grin

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 01:38:24 PM »

I looked at your info and rates Kory. As a plug for you, the editors I know charge about 3 cents per word for experienced writers that need very little work. I've seen rates as high as 5 cents per word for writers that need a lot of work. Your rates are very reasonable. Thanks for making this service available and affordable.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Korygon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »

I looked at your info and rates Kory. As a plug for you, the editors I know charge about 3 cents per word for experienced writers that need very little work. I've seen rates as high as 5 cents per word for writers that need a lot of work. Your rates are very reasonable. Thanks for making this service available and affordable.

No problem ^_^
Even with how cheap my rates are, I'm finding that a lot of people with larger manuscripts are still having issues affording it, though.  I might make some discounts for people with exceptionally large pieces of work.  Maybe like 5% off for every 50,000 words or something.  I don't know.  Hoping that if my FA banner ever gets incorporated, that it might draw me at least a few more clients that have a bit of money to spare =).  Hopefully.

~Smart people
Korygon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:26 PM »

Oh, and anyone that would like to mention me on their FA page or anywhere else, I would be most appreciative.

~Smart people
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: