FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:48:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is my tail?  (Read 3561 times)
Korygon

Need editing done? I'm your otter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2011, 01:40:37 PM »

On another note, I'd be happy to tear apart people's dreams...I mean look at their work.  If something does come up and we do start a circle of editors, I'd be happy to pitch in.  Though, I'd blame Alflor if anything bad happened.  Sorry man. =p

Bad... as in... what, exactly?

Bad as in the world exploding

On another note, I'd be happy to tear apart people's dreams...I mean look at their work.  If something does come up and we do start a circle of editors, I'd be happy to pitch in.  Though, I'd blame Alflor if anything bad happened.  Sorry man. =p

I recently got a letter from someone whose work I ripped apart line by line. He was very thankful and recently submitted for publication for the first time. I'd gladly post the letter if anyone wants to see it (Edited for privacy of course).

When I got my first really critical review, I almost threw up but I learned a lot. Telling someone that their baby is ugly is tough but necessary sometimes. It just needs to be done without stifling the creative spark.

I agree.  You have to be a little harsh sometimes if you want to give them a really in-depth review.  As long as the reviewer is giving actual tips, and not just saying "This sucks you should be ashamed," then it's all good =)

I run my own little editing company.  Check me out!

"Hi, I have a quote in my signature."
~Smart people
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »

Reading and reviewing other people's work gives me inspiration and ideas for my own work (not plagiarizing, of course!). If we're gonna make an editor's circle, count me in. I'd love to. ^^

That's exactly the things about FurRag that makes us so important. When I review another's work, I look at my own much more critically. Both participants improve.

*Pokes Reiter*

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 01:26:03 PM »

That's exactly the things about FurRag that makes us so important. When I review another's work, I look at my own much more critically. Both participants improve.

*Pokes Reiter*
Yes, yes, I'm working on it. It's going to take a while. PMed you with some details.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
RimeScales
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:48 PM »

When a solution comes into bloom, and with the pawful here so willing to jump in, debates will no doubt arise.
I like's debates that aren't religion related *Wags tail* So I'll pitch in my vote for whatever you decide to do.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: