FurRag forums
June 24, 2017, 10:17:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Publication -- Allasso  (Read 12247 times)
Alexandre

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2011, 02:00:31 AM »

Hey, everyone!

If you don't know me yet, I'm Alex!  I've posted here a few times, and I've seen some good writing come from this website.

Well, I've started a new publication called Allasso aimed at bridging the gap between furry and mainstream art and literature.  While it's not paid, I'm offering prizes to the best writing in each category as well as the best overall piece.  If you're interested, please check out the submission guidelines for more info.  Submissions are through June 30, 2011.

I hope to hear from some of you! Smiley
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »

Interesting. I'm working on a nice little story right now that I could send in once finished, if you're interested. How many submissions have you gotten so far?
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:01:54 AM »

kinda short notice but it does seem interesting.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 07:25:35 AM »

Hmm... well, I do like prizes. Count me in! I've got just the story to submit, too!

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 04:02:11 PM »

kinda short notice but it does seem interesting.

I'm sorry if it seems like short notice.  I've been working to get everything together for a while.  I should have posted here sooner.  At least you know about it now Cheesy

Interesting. I'm working on a nice little story right now that I could send in once finished, if you're interested. How many submissions have you gotten so far?

Not too many.  I have a couple poems and a story that I've formally accepted for the publication.  I would more than love to see what you have.  I have no way of gauging how many submissions I'll receive; I've advertised on several sites now, and I doubt I'll receive many until the last day.  After all, that's what I've done when submitting Cheesy

Hmm... well, I do like prizes. Count me in! I've got just the story to submit, too!

Great! I'm excited to see your work! Smiley

Just so you know, I have big plans for the publication.  After it is out, I'm gonna advertise all over so people can come see your works.  In addition, I want to get some of these pieces nominated for Ursa Major awards.  While I love Kyell Gold, it's time for some other people to get these prizes (nothing personal).  Give me your best writing.  I'll give you my full dedication.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 04:16:00 PM by Alexandre » Logged
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 03:28:49 AM »

Sweet! I've got a ton of time this week, so I should have the story ready by then.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »

I read the deadline at first as June 15, so decided to give it a pass... but since it's actually June 30, I may just give it a go. Do you accept instruction manuals? (I'll doodle in some Disney figures if it helps.) Grin

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »

Sweet! I've got a ton of time this week, so I should have the story ready by then.

Awesome! I'll be glad to read what you send in.  Smiley

I read the deadline at first as June 15, so decided to give it a pass... but since it's actually June 30, I may just give it a go. Do you accept instruction manuals? (I'll doodle in some Disney figures if it helps.) Grin

Depends on how much literary and artistic merit your manual has.  Actually... Dude, if you can make an instruction manual pertaining to the fandom that works well as a piece of fiction, I'd be thrilled! I've seen somewhat similar things in mainstream fiction, and it'd be a cool thing to see in the furry genre.

That being said, I hope you submit.  Smiley
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »

Depends on how much literary and artistic merit your manual has.  Actually... Dude, if you can make an instruction manual pertaining to the fandom that works well as a piece of fiction, I'd be thrilled! I've seen somewhat similar things in mainstream fiction, and it'd be a cool thing to see in the furry genre.

That being said, I hope you submit.  Smiley
Haha, that assumes that I already know a lot about the furry fandom. Smiley Let me see if I can throw something together within that time. When's your next issue coming out? If I don't make the deadline, I'll try and get it ready for the next one.

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:21 PM »

The issue is coming out in November/December, I believe, and submissions are due June 30.  And you should be able to do something that at least vaguely relates to the fandom.  I got an awesome poem that's about Dungeons and Dragons, and I feel like that's close enough.  Some are submitting anthro stories, others animal-related pieces.  There's a lot of flexibility Smiley
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 01:23:36 AM »

Well if manuals are in, would a something like a rider's (dragon rider) guide to dragons be accepted?

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 03:52:05 AM »

Well if manuals are in, would a something like a rider's (dragon rider) guide to dragons be accepted?

Heh, I can't really say until I read it.  If you wanna send it in (maybe even in the "essay" category), go for it!
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 04:25:57 AM »

alright, quick question, what exactly do you want on the cover letter?

H. L. Mencken
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:38 AM »

Generally, I'd like the cover letter to include the title of the piece(s), the category it's in, and a short bio. 

Don't worry too much about that; while I appreciate the professionality of a cover letter, I've also received some very informal e-mails from furs.  One actually only had the file attached with no writing in the body whatsoever.  I figure a lot of submissions I'll receive will be from furs new to the process of submitting, so I'm much more lenient with formalities. ^_~
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »

Just for your information, the grand prize has been announced.  The best overall piece in the whole publication will receive $200.

Hopefully that's enough to get some more of you writing. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: