FurRag forums
June 29, 2017, 02:13:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writers, Why Aren't You Writing?  (Read 5800 times)
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »

I concur, the drug use shows that even some like sherlock Holmes has his faults and is in fact human.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
RimeScales
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 06:10:40 PM »

Anyway's...
If you all, or some of you, are finding it difficult to write or come up with a short story, why not team up? Brainstorm a few ideas... maybe dedicate a new topic to the idea so peeps can 'advertise' themselves as willing partners. Writing requires different talents.
Some are good at writing, but without a plot to focus their skills on, or a hand to guide them and ensure they stay true to the plot, their skills are disused.
Others need a template to work with. A story in its raw format so to speak.
While some have unlimited patience and the dedication to re-read a paragraph that's been written 10 different ways. Also these peeps make for good proof readers.
In short, if your going to write a story, you can't always write it alone. You need others there beside you who will be honest enough to tell you 'No, its boring and been done before' or 'I would have written it like this'.
You need only look at the adknowledgement page not far pass the books' cover to recongise this truth.
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »

on that subject, I am having a bit of writer's block, so anyone care to brainstorm?

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
King_Monkey_666

This pic feels unfinished...REDO!!! XD

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »

Sure, why not?
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 12:54:33 AM »

well, I got part of a story, young coming of age, human x canine, twist is human is dom, yet I keep getting stuck on the how they figure out they like each other bit.

H. L. Mencken
King_Monkey_666

This pic feels unfinished...REDO!!! XD

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 01:51:28 AM »

well, I got part of a story, young coming of age, human x canine, twist is human is dom, yet I keep getting stuck on the how they figure out they like each other bit.

Hm...I don't suppose you'd be willing to PM it to me, would you? Unless I have something right in front of my face, I can't really work with it very well. This kind of thing isn't really my forte, but with any luck, I might find that I have some sort of hidden talent with it. And it could be good practice, I guess.
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 03:23:44 AM »

sure, PM is on the way

H. L. Mencken
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »

Speaking of that, I've been in the "brain in search of a pen" for a (long) while, so if anyone's interested...

RimeScales
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2011, 05:01:24 PM »

Sometimes if someone new enters the picture and their intent is obvious (he or she making strong passes), it encourages the disinterested other to come forwards and speak their heart at the threat of loosing their love interest.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:03:04 PM by RimeScales » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: