FurRag forums
August 23, 2017, 12:28:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Publication -- Allasso  (Read 12420 times)
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »

Just for your information, the grand prize has been announced.  The best overall piece in the whole publication will receive $200.

Hopefully that's enough to get some more of you writing. Smiley
Oh boy. I literally need that much more to pay for my rent. Dang you and your tantalizing rewards. Smiley

If I send in an extremely well written cover letter that touches on the issues blighting furry writers, and do it in a perky, poetic, and post-modernist manner (whatever that would be), do I still get a shot at the grand prize? Grin

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 05:06:48 PM »

Dude, you make me laugh. Cheesy

Seriously, though, send in a piece.  Then you'll be eligible Wink

Though depending on the quality and quirkiness of the letter, I might actually consider publishing it... But it'd have to be really, really good. XD
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »

I already sent a story to New Fables, but I haven't heard back from them and even if it was accepted, it wouldn't be published until next summer anyway. Am I still eligible to send it to you?
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »

I already sent a story to New Fables, but I haven't heard back from them and even if it was accepted, it wouldn't be published until next summer anyway. Am I still eligible to send it to you?

Complicated question.  You can, and if they accept it, just go ahead and e-mail me saying that you withdraw it from consideration.  I generally won't accept simultaneous submissions, but starting off I'm a bit more lenient (especially if you ask).

You'll also need to check to see if they accept simultaneous submissions.  If not, I'd suggest you just wait until they accept or reject the piece.  Otherwise, it could hurt your chances of being published there in the future.
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 02:07:40 AM »

$200, that is rent money right there!

This might turn out to be a regular thing submission wise.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2011, 06:37:45 AM »

Well, I've received a piece from k9k!  You guys still have about 16 days, so I'm waiting excitedly to read some of your work Smiley
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2011, 08:04:39 PM »

Sorry about that! I've been so bogged down with work, everything else has sorta been put on pause. I'll send it off to you by the end of the week.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:28 AM »

Hehe, sounds good! And don't worry if you don't get it in until the 30th.  It'll still get the same kind of consideration Smiley
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 03:34:01 AM »

I do hope I get accepted, never been published before.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 04:19:48 AM »

I'm thinking the exact same thing, k9k.  Grin
Osfer
Administrator

Uncrowned King of FurRag and Bad Dog Books.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 01:26:06 PM »

Hello fellow Alex,

Not to hjack the thread, but it caught my eye and I thought I'd butt in. Six years ago I was in the same position you were, casting out wide nets to acquire fiction for what would become FANG Vol. 1, and the start of my involvement in furry publishing. I'm delighted you're starting your own publication!

Do you have a distribution plan? Do you have experience in layout and typesetting? Will you be issuing release contracts to the authors or operating on a gentleman's agreement?

Actually, there's a fair few other aspects of book publishing where I could offer advice to help you avoid some of the pitfalls that made my own publication enterprises rather a rocky road. If you'd like a touchstone to help you along, please feel free to contact me at alexfvance@gmail.com.

- Alex (Prime)

Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 01:31:33 PM »

All you guys, I appreciate the submissions!

Alex, I'm currently at Anthrocon, so it may be a day or two before I send you an email.  However, I would love to get some insights from you about what helped you the most.  I like to take risks, but it's good to know what risks I can avoid Smiley
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 02:37:33 AM »

Just FYI

You have less than one week to submit! We're accepting submissions until 11:59 PM (PST) on June 30! I'd love to be inundated with submissions these last few days!
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 06:30:07 AM »

Well, you'll get at least one more. I've just been brushing it up a bit, now that I've gotten some free time. Sorry for the delay.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »

Hey, there's no problem with the delay! Take until 11:59 PM on June 30 if you need to finish up the last details! I'll be excited to read it Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: