FurRag forums
June 29, 2017, 09:02:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: New Publication -- Allasso  (Read 12272 times)
k9k

Dog, man's best friend....with benefits!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »

*bites nails* Now the waiting game to see if I got accepted.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Alflor

Hey look, it's an otter! Yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »

Yay! I've finally submitted! And it wasn't at 11:59.99 PM, either.

"The only people who write bad fiction are writers."
-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

alflor.com <-- You should go there. You should go there now.
Alflor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2011, 04:36:14 AM »

So, how does the submission pool look?

-Alex Vance

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkgard

Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2011, 05:10:36 AM »

It's actually looking alright! I've received a majority of the submissions from within the fandom so far, but I've also had some from outsiders.  I think we're going to have a nice combination of furry and literary texts Smiley
Alflor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »

Sweet, sweet! Large submission pools are always nice. We were talking about New Fables on another board -- they received so few submissions this year that they had to skip publication and hold off 'till 2012.

-Alex Vance

AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »

-Joins k9k in the nailbiting- <_<
Alflor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 09:15:50 AM »

Oh, don't start nailbiting just yet. It'll probably take a bit of time to read over the submissions. You'll run out of nails Tongue

-Alex Vance

Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 02:42:46 PM »

Huh. I should have submitted to New Fables then xD

Aww, guys! Don't be nervous! Sad
Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 07:08:51 PM »

Sweet, sweet! Large submission pools are always nice. We were talking about New Fables on another board -- they received so few submissions this year that they had to skip publication and hold off 'till 2012.
Looking over Malin's post, I get the feeling that they didn't receive very few submissions this year so much as very few publishable ones. Which is a different matter entirely.

Hopefully Allasso's maiden run fared better - and from the sound of it, it did. Grats in advance, Alex, and looking forward to reading your first issue. Smiley (So sorry I wasn't able to send something in, by the way. I'm a slow writer, and my plate happened to be full.)

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
Alexandre

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »

Dude, that's how life happens! Sometimes things are busy, so hopefully you make the next deadline Smiley

I actually have received quite a few that I consider publishable! I don't have the largest pool, but the quality actually surprised me.  There was only one person who submitted that made me say, "Uhh... No" right away; that was the first submission I got, and I thought, "Gah... This is gonna be a rough ride." Luckily, I was wrong Cheesy

Good luck to everyone! The next week or so, I'll decide on what will be published.
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2011, 02:02:43 AM »

*snickers* Telling a writer not to be nervous while his work is being inspected is like asking the sky to be blue. Writers are little neurotic nutjobs by default.

"It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office."
H. L. Mencken
Alflor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2011, 03:47:55 AM »

*snickers* Telling a writer not to be nervous while his work is being inspected is like asking the sky to be blue. Writers are little neurotic nutjobs by default.

Best tip I ever got: Just forget you ever submitted work. It's just like auditions -- best not to think about it.

-Alex Vance

AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »

Best tip I ever got: Just forget you ever submitted work. It's just like auditions -- best not to think about it.

That is so insanely true. XD
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2011, 04:14:03 AM »

Indeed. Let me take you back for a moment to some 20 years ago, when it was possible to submit a story (on paper, typewritten or at best printed by a word processor) and look in the mailbox every day for half a year before getting a rejection letter. Or, if you were fortunate, an acceptance and a publication agreement to sign that promised "payment upon publication" of perhaps $50 or even $100. Then you could look in the mailbox every day for another two years before a copy of the publication with your story finally appeared. And then, a couple of months more before the check arrived.

Obviously, you couldn't sit around biting your nails. You had to just leave a note somewhere that story X was sent off to editor Z on date Y. And then forget about it and start writing the next one.  Cheesy

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
k9k

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2011, 05:20:28 AM »

how about a comprise? Like, any idea when people will start receiving the accepted/rejected emails?

H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: