FurRag forums
August 23, 2017, 02:18:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting For The Critique!  (Read 3606 times)
iain
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:53:25 PM »

Hello, all ye reviewers of stories. I've updated the naphthalene tinged story I wrote and did some intensive editing, and have now a need for reviews. I've updated the thing to point I've left off. I'm hoping to start writing the final chapters this afternoon.

Grammar, punctuation, plot, stylistic, it's all welcome. If I could survive my Rhetoric teacher's scathing critiques, I can take anything in stride.

Story Linkage:
http://www.furrag.com/viewstory.php?sid=1425
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:56:46 PM by iain » Logged
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:03 PM »

Awww, where did you go? I at least thought your work was good, FWIW Sad
iain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 02:41:40 PM »

Chalk it up to a nic-fit + job app rejection.
Life is tricky right now, don't mind me.  Tongue I made up some (cover) art out of boredom for the story, posted under it's series so as not to overwhelm the description of the story itself.

The re-posted story: http://furrag.com/viewstory.php?sid=1438

... Series (if anyone wants to peek at the crummy quick art): http://furrag.com/viewseries.php?seriesid=189

I think I'll be lurking more often than not though, it's been two years +/- since I've been active on any kind of forum.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:13:05 PM by iain » Logged

“A writer looking for subjects inquires not after what he loves best, but after what he alone loves at all.” ~Annie Dillard
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »

Glad to know you're OK and back with us. We were getting pretty concerned.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
iain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:32:08 PM »

Nothing to worry about.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:11:47 PM by iain » Logged

“A writer looking for subjects inquires not after what he loves best, but after what he alone loves at all.” ~Annie Dillard
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:03:56 PM »

I think I'll be lurking more often than not though, it's been two years +/- since I've been active on any kind of forum.

Glad to see you back. Don't worry, being active here is none too strenuous %)
iain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 08:30:42 PM »

Glad to see you back. Don't worry, being active here is none too strenuous %)
I don't mean entirely, I'm just very reserved by nature, and that tends to suit me.

AurumLutra

The Gold Otter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 10:30:16 PM »

It's always been my opinion that one's post count means nothing. It's the content of those posts that matters. ;3
iain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »

It's always been my opinion that one's post count means nothing. It's the content of those posts that matters. ;3
I agree, post count is a useless metric, most times. I'm just more an observer than an actor. It's less stressful and more interesting that way.

Reiter

is a writer, dammit!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »

Post count, for me, is a function of how many hours a person can afford to waste, but then again I'm cynical. Smiley

Only presidents, editors and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial "we".
- attr. Mark Twain
iain

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »

I'll also point out that this story is my first attempt at real fiction. I'm more familiar with writing essays and polemical things, so I've had to hunt down many occurrences of passive voice and kill them viciously. That's in part why I decided to post it here, to get some input on narrative style and the like, as I'm in uncharted waters.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:10:19 PM by iain » Logged

Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 06:09:16 PM »

"Post count" is what you use to keep track of distance in an arena or on a race track.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
iain

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »

"Post count" is what you use to keep track of distance in an arena or on a race track.

I always lose those.  Undecided Drats. I get distracted by the pebbles on the ground too easily.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:15:55 PM by iain » Logged

Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 06:27:21 PM »

Heh. My own arena has no pebbles. They've all been pounded into dust.

-
iain

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 06:49:20 PM »

I don't really have an arena, per se, more of a beaten circle around a firepit in the back yard that I sometimes perform pagan ceremonies around. The neighbors think I'm a lunatic and shout obscenities over the fence, but they're most often drunk and it doesn't bother me.  Grin I don't have any posts, though, I just stop when I get dizzy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:52:32 PM by iain » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: