FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:48:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting For The Critique!  (Read 3549 times)
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »

That probably works as well as anything. I have a real arena these days, but my horse's stall is in there and she laughs at me.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
iain

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »

That probably works as well as anything. I have a real arena these days, but my horse's stall is in there and she laughs at me.
Sounds like my cousin's place. She has an arena in her back yard, and a horse to boot. She lives in the outskirts of Big-City, FL, which always struck me as a weird contrast. It's her cockatoo that always laughed at me, though.

“A writer looking for subjects inquires not after what he loves best, but after what he alone loves at all.” ~Annie Dillard
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »

I'm in a fairly rural area of Illinois, and have sheep as well as horses. I used to try to ride in the arena, but the floor in there is too hard and dusty. Better to fall off on the grass I think.  Cheesy

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
iain

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »

I only ever did trail riding, nothing fancy. I've done the same in southern Ohio, but I can definitely see where you're coming from there. I can just imagine falling off a horse on a wooded hill somewhere, the only thing to break your fall would be trees and boulders. Yikes. Florida was nice, flat swampland as far as the eye can see. The only drawbacks were the mosquitoes and sawgrass. That stuff hurts.

“A writer looking for subjects inquires not after what he loves best, but after what he alone loves at all.” ~Annie Dillard
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: