FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:56:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Theta  (Read 2714 times)
Sasya

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2012, 11:17:44 PM »

I know I probably shouldn't blather on the forums with every chapter upload, but I don't know if anyone's reading and naturally I hope to drum up some interest now and again.

Chapter XII and XIV of Theta are posted.  ^.^   XV will be done within the week, I hope;  I'm nearing the end of the story.  XVI or XVII will be the last chapter before I haul it back in and edit it out of first-draft.

I haven't really had any feedback for a while, so if anyone's still reading do let me know what you think?

At any rate, I hope you can forgive me this little bit of spam.  ^^

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

Asking for help is never spam.

I'll look in again.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 01:02:08 AM »

XV's been up for a bit now.. XVI will probably go up tonight. ^.^

XVII is likely the last chapter, and will probably be posted with an epilogue.

Rar! ^.^

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 01:29:46 AM »

I'll try to respond to this, as the writing quality is excellent. It will take a while though.

I dodged it until now because the emotional response I have to the story line and violence is of gut-wrenching proportion. Not my usual kind of reading.

I'm not saying it isn't good, or that it doesn't have an audience. I'm sure of both. But I'm not your audience, really.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:11:13 PM »

I dodged it until now because the emotional response I have to the story line and violence is of gut-wrenching proportion. Not my usual kind of reading.

It's mostly not violent, but honestly.. if it makes you uncomfortable, you shouldn't read it.  As much as I would welcome the input, I don't wish it at your expense.

I'm not saying it isn't good, or that it doesn't have an audience. I'm sure of both. But I'm not your audience, really.

I'm having trouble finding an audience for it, it seems to me.  It does make me wonder if I've taken a wrong turn somewhere...

-Fox

<3 <3 <3
Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:24:43 PM »

Well, don't go by me. I'm clearly the odd one out in not liking explicit violence or sex. Looking at the huge audience that Martin found for his A Game of Thrones series, though, I doubt you've taken any wrong turn. You just aren't getting the right exposure.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04:01 AM »

Theta is ~DONE~!  ^.^;

*Happyfox dances around*

I just posted up the last chapter and the epilogue.

I intend to take the entire thing into a massive editing session over the next few weeks, but overall I'm very happy to be done.  ^.^

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 10:41:06 AM »

Congratulations on reaching the end. That's always a satisfying point, even when there's a lot of editing ahead.

-
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 01:11:07 AM »

Doesn't it feel good to type "The End?" even if it's only the end of the beginning? Maybe I'm odd, but I lke doing the edits (to a degree).

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 04:52:07 AM »

Doesn't it feel good to type "The End?" even if it's only the end of the beginning? Maybe I'm odd, but I lke doing the edits (to a degree).

Oh absolutely!  Actually, I love editing.  I love editing too much -- It's why I basically write without editing, then go back through ... otherwise I'd spend forever just editing the first chapter ;9

I'm having fun.  ^.^

Now I get to try and find an artist for cover art.  That part I do NOT love -- Finding a quality artist willing to read more than a sentence or a URL, who is available to do a commercial commission ... that part is tough.  :|

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:22:49 PM »

If Furrag had a "Story of the Year" award, Theta would be my nomination.
inocain

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 03:58:22 AM »

I would second the nomination. I remember reading the story before it was anywhere near done, and then rediscovering it when I came back. I just didn't know how to critique it. I am strongly against the "Huzzah! Good Story!" type of review. That, and it was... I don't know. I'm rambling. All in all, an excellent sci-fi, with all the right parts. Definitely introduces a universe that needs must be explored more. Story bible time?
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 04:46:43 AM »

If Furrag had a "Story of the Year" award, Theta would be my nomination.
I would second the nomination. I remember reading the story before it was anywhere near done, and then rediscovering it when I came back. I just didn't know how to critique it. I am strongly against the "Huzzah! Good Story!" type of review. That, and it was... I don't know. I'm rambling. All in all, an excellent sci-fi, with all the right parts. Definitely introduces a universe that needs must be explored more. Story bible time?

*Blushes and tailtipwags*  I dun really know how to respond to that... but thank you both very much.  ^.^ 

I hope its sequels do not disappoint.  I'm really looking forward to introducing people to my universe.
inocain- Putting aside critique I would love to have feedback:  what people liked, didn't like, opinions of characters, events, etc.  Critique is of course very welcome as well, but by no means a requirement.

At any rate... thanks again for reading it.  My dedication for "Theta" reads:
To you, my reader, in whose mind worlds are fostered great and small, and without whom this story would remain but a dream unshared.

... and that especially applies to those of you who read on with me and stuck with me through the slow release of the project.

Thank you both.

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: