FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:48:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearing the end -- semi-final critique request?  (Read 1508 times)
Sasya

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:06:47 AM »

Dear furiends,

As I near the end of Theta, and I find myself within a chapter or two of the end of the story, it is my hope that I might be able to get a little more feedback on its overall style and cohesion.  I feel that my readership has dwindled towards the middle, and generally my requests for critique have gone unanswered.  Honestly, that's ok--the story is being written in draft mode, and will be edited and glued together firmly once it is complete.  I don't expect anyone to like it, although I'd be a liar if I said I didn't hope some did.  Certainly I don't feel owed readership or critique, and I'd be a selfish fox indeed to complain about lack thereof.
     I also do realize that it's borderline abusive to dump a 95,000 word story on a writing community site and say "Hay guys, rd my stuff n cmmnt?  kthxbye" ... but as I've mentioned before, I'm not at all sure where else to turn.  ^.^
     Now, I've had a few of you read and comment on my first few chapters, and ... while it's too much to hope that you've followed along as the story progressed, I do confess that I'd be forever grateful for a final "sanity check" before I release the ending.

Forever yours,
~Foxy

PS. http://furrag.com/viewstory.php?sid=1431

<3 <3 <3
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:47:55 PM »

Actually...I have been lying in wait until you posted the final chapter. Initially I was following along with each installment as it appeared, but then I realised that in the intervening weeks, I'd lost the thread a bit and had to go back and re-read the previous chapters. So personally, I'd like to see the story complete so that I can go back to the start and get my teeth into it. And I have been looking forward to that, because as I said before, I think this terrific writing.

But then again, you already have my feedback on it, so you probably need the opinion of others *nudges the rag hopefully*.
Sasya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

Actually...I have been lying in wait until you posted the final chapter.

Not much longer to wait, I hope!

Initially I was following along with each installment as it appeared, but then I realised that in the intervening weeks, I'd lost the thread a bit and had to go back and re-read the previous chapters.

I had someone else tell me that, too.. I'm working nownow on the end end, so ...

But then again, you already have my feedback on it, so you probably need the opinion of others *nudges the rag hopefully*.

*Wag*  I do get the feeling I have trouble attracting readers, editorial or otherwise.. it makes me wonder where it is that I throw people... which is what I'd really like to know!  But I'm very excited to wrap up... and I do hold a bit of hope that there may be others who, like you, are holding off to the end.

Thanks again!

~Foxy

<3 <3 <3
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 10:36:09 AM »

I’ll probably read it once the last installment is available too. If I do forget, remind me! Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: