FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:06:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi there!  (Read 1550 times)
Ildac

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 04:37:06 PM »

Hey all!  New to the site, but not to writing.  I've been looking for another place to post my stories (namely my more plot-driven ones), and a friend of mine suggested here... so here I am!

Actually while I'm making my first post, I suppose I should ask...

While setting up a series, I'm getting these "rn" things between my line breaks.  Can anyone help me out with that, and possibly get rid of them?
Jacky

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:55 PM »

Hi Ildac. I think the submission system can be a bit temperamental...it may depend on what you're pasting in from. I had to do some tinkering when pasting from MSWord. You could always try pasting into notepad, then copying it and pasting it into the submission form?
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »

Jacky is right. The source from which you copy may be adding stuff that the (very basic) system here doesn't understand. This is particularly true of MS Word, to my knowledge. I've had little difficulty copying from OpenOffice and pasting it in, except that text often becomes centered instead of left-justified. I then have to go back and highlight it all, and left justify it. Italics, bold, and indents do come in correctly from OpenOffice, though.

Success with MS Word depends in part on the version. Older versions of the software seem to be more compatible. Recent releases use codes that are misinterpreted or worse when they are pasted here. Notepad or Wordpad seem to be fine. Office 2007 or 2010, though, appear to be disasters.

If you are using a Macintosh or other Apple device, I'm afraid I can't offer advice as I have no recent experience with those. Someone else probably does know Apple software, though.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 05:17:28 AM »

Welcome Ildac.

Feel free to post stories and ask for critique. Also, don't be afraid to give a little critique too.

While setting up a series, I'm getting these "rn" things between my line breaks.  Can anyone help me out with that, and possibly get rid of them?

I agree with Altivo and Jacky. It sounds like the <rn> thing may be code for a "carriage return" in the software you are using. I use a Mac and never had that problem but I have to re-justify everything to the left just as Altivo  does.

Hope this helps.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: