FurRag forums
August 17, 2017, 11:28:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2102 times)
ZerdFennekian

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2012, 05:05:19 AM »

Well hello everybody, my name is Zerd Fennekian and I'm a Fennec fox. I'm 20 years old and live in México, I like to write poetry (most of it in spanish) and I would like to know if there are any furries in México, especially in Chiapas since it is my state. See you later guys
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Welcome, Zerd. The world always needs more fennecs.  Cheesy

Don't hesitate to post some of your work here, even if it's in Spanish. I can read a little, and I suspect we have other members who are pretty fluent. Your English is good too, so you might try something that way.

I'm sure there are furries in Mexico. We are everywhere. Have you tried some of the social sites such as pounced.org or www.furry4life.org? Those can be very useful for finding other furry fans in your area.

Jump right into the conversation here, we're glad to have you aboard. Be sure to check into the "Barrag" topic farther down the home page under "Fun and Foolishness." It's where the most general chatter takes place. And by all means, give us some examples of your poetry in the main site archive. I look forward to seeing them.

I'm curious. Does "Zerd" have a direct Spanish derivation? "Zorrito" I would understand right away, though I admit when I think of fennecs it's the fantastic ears that come to mind before the fox connection.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:48:58 AM by Altivo » Logged

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
ZerdFennekian

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:07:33 AM »

Hi, thank you for those pages, I'm actually just making my own profile there, and Zerd is for the old cientific name of the Fennec, Fennecus Zerda, so it's kind of tribute to Serj Tankian (SOAD) since I love SOAD and his solo career, so that's how Zerd Fennekian came out, "zorrito" in english is like foxy or little fox Smiley and thanks again for the warm welcome
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 02:43:09 AM »

Hi Zerd. Unfortunately, my Spanish is only good enough to order a meal and start a fight. :3 Still, please do post in Spanish. 

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
ZerdFennekian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »

Hi Quinn! Well that's ok Smiley almost everyone whose spanish is not their first language just know bad words Smiley or like saying "Me da dos tacos por favor" or Quesadillas if you don't like tacos Smiley sure! I'll post somethings in spanish! Thanks for the support!
Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »

Oh, you mean like "Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" perchance?  Cheesy

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:39:40 AM »

For some reason, the sentence I know best in Spanish is “Tres tristes tigres tragan trigo en tres tristes platos.” I’m pretty sure there’s no way to use that in a conversation… Tongue

ZerdFennekian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »

Hahaha there is! When you want to confuse anyone and prove your superiority at the language hahaha and the phrase of the "Tio" is kind of confusing... technically it translates to "My uncle is sick and the roadway is green" I just lol'd for a while!
Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »

Yep. The Mi tío quote is nonsense. It came from an old MAD Magazine story back in the 1960s.

-
Erkhyan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:46 AM »

It can’t be more nonsensical than My tailor is rich and the sun shines high in the sky… Most French speakers who learned English began with that sentence.

Altivo
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »

Oh yes, that sounds like it came from the same stew pot. I think the sick uncle was credited as an Argentine or Chilean proverb, but I'm sure it was made up. The story was a satire of college and professional sports, mainly American football, and described a fictitious sport called "43 Man Squamish" to be played on a pentagonal field. The Spanish nonsense line was shouted to start off the game.

-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: