FurRag forums
June 23, 2017, 12:02:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Insert clever title/greeting word or phrase of your choosing here]  (Read 1585 times)
NinjaFox23

I'm actually not really a ninja. Quite sad, huh?

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:43 AM »

[Staring at blank screen for five minutes.]
(What should I say?  What should I do?  Ohcrapohcrapohcrap-i'veneverdonethisbefore...!!)
(Oh, heck with it.)

Hello...!

I was actually referred to this site by Quinn Yellowfox, during a panel at MFF 2012 when our panel host failed to show up.  Hello, Quinn!  Thanks for the awesome panel; I finally got the courage to sign up!  Whoo!

Hopefully it won't annoy anyone when (or if) I do post, I am what I've heard being referred as a 'Scene Weaver,' except with the crippling disability of never really 'weaving' anything together after writing it.  So, most of my stuff is random bits here or there of stories half-written and whatnot.  Hey, let's write the 19th chapter of the third book of a series that I haven't even written the prologue of the first book of!  Yes!  Progress made!

I tend to write Sci-Fi or fantasy... mostly the former.  I love realism and try my best to be as true-to-life involving science facts, places, emotions, reactions and whatnot as much as possible; I hope, if someone finds something illogical or inconsistent with reality, that they tell me so!
I'm also not particularly into romance; I instead focus on relationships between family members or close friends... and such.  Um... yeah.

I also tend to over use ellipses...

...among other things...

I'll do my best to be active in some sort of way - I'm usually incredibly shy and am afraid of somehow offending people, so I tend to not say anything at all.  Um... I'm actually surprised that I even wrote this much in this post to begin with.  Oh, jeez.

Anyhow... that's about it.

Also, like Ildac, I'm getting odd 'rn' things between paragraphs in my Series page - I've tried the MiniMCE, without it, and a couple other things and they keep showing up.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
~NinjaFox

"[Insert awesome quote of awesomeness here!]" ~ [Insert quot-er of awesome quote of awesomeness here!]
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:50:58 AM »

Welcome aboard. Don't be afraid to post. To borrow a quote from Lance Rund's character Marcus, "We don't bite. Unless of course you're into that sort of thing."

Be sure to drop by the "Barrag" thread in the "Fun and Foolishness" section farther down the main page. That's where most of the plain old chatter takes place.

Jump in on any thread that interests you. Chances are even an old topic can be revived, or you can start a new thread as you prefer. And do post excerpts or full works in the main archive site. Let us know if you have specific questions.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
NinjaFox23

I'm actually not really a ninja. Quite sad, huh?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:01:55 PM »

Thanks!  I'll be sure to check out things and try to be active!

Good to know about the excerpts; I just have to figure out a way to give background info (so people won't be confused at species names and world and such) without being too boring and info-dump-ish.

"[Insert awesome quote of awesomeness here!]" ~ [Insert quot-er of awesome quote of awesomeness here!]
Quinn Yellowfox
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 02:25:53 AM »

Hi NinjaFox. It's great to see a new face here, especially one who writes in an atypical way.

Please don't be afraid to post. I can only remember one or two times in the last several years that Altivo or I had to put on our "Admin Hats" due to quarrelsome behavior.

As far as the <rn> issue goes, that's a hiccup in the software. I believe it indicates a carriage return. There are a couple of things you can try. Simply cutting and pasting your story into the "Story Text" box usually works for me. Also, you can put background information in the "Story Notes" box so it doesn't detract from your story.

Have fun and I hope to see you around.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." Roald Dahl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: