FurRag forums
June 26, 2017, 01:55:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Story upload question  (Read 1112 times)
Dannykune

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2013, 01:55:57 AM »

Hello, I am new here, only a few days old, and I uploaded the first six chapters of my story as one. Should I re-edit the upload to be chapter by chapter? Also some how my formatting became centered making a tough read I will try and fix that. One other thing. I was very glad to find this site. It looked like the perfect place to get some constructive criticism without a lot of bull. I really appreciate the fifty or so readers that at least gave my story a look. I have as yet received a single comment or review. Please if you like what you read, tell me the good. If my story drives you away, please point out where and why. It is difficult to improve without input. Thanks for reading.     
Altivo
Administrator

Wandering about distractedly...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »

The centered text is a bug in our editor. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. If you go back and "edit" your story, select the entire text so it is highlighted, and click the left justify button then save, the centering will go away.

Whether to divide up into separate chapters is entirely up to you. Most often, the stories you see in the archive that are divided that way were posted one chapter at a time, over a longer period. For example, NaNoWriMo projects where a certain amount was written each day and added...

Yes, it does take time to collect any comments. I have some longer pieces on the archive that have passed 20,000 readers and received only one or two comments. You've taken a good step by letting us know that you posted and are seeking comments or suggestions. Usually this brings some of our more active members out of their dens to take a look.

Welcome to FurRag.

-
“Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.” ― Arthur Miller
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: